Monday, January 30, 2012

Detour!

Some days just do not go as planned.  This morning when I woke up, of course I expected to be chipper like I had been all of last weekend.  Not the case.  It was so hard to drag myself out of bed this morning, I was so thankful to have a running partner to at least get my day jump started.  When I got home, I was supposed to go swimming, but instead I ended up falling asleep for almost two hours!! This resulted in rearranging a lot of my day.  Various other events came completely out of left field and really threw me for a loop.  We all have days like this and we all can relate to things going completely different from the way we expected.  I guess life would be pretty boring if it always went the way it was supposed to!  However, I feel like the way you deal with these situations really ends up defining what kind of life you have.  Several times today I was pretty frustrated with the changes that were happening out of my control, but when I sat down to think about all of these things tonight, none of them really truly mattered.  At the end of the day I was still in one piece and really had no cuts or bruises to show for all the little detours in my day.  Having the ability to roll with the punches is certainly a skill that everyone should acquire at some point in their life and I decided that today was just a test to see if I could ride the wave.  Turns out I can and tomorrow I'll wake up for an entirely new experience :) and that's the beauty of living.

1 comment: