Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Funday!

Got my long brick all done for the week. I rode out to Mt Lemmon and did a tempo up a bit of the mountain, but the real "fun" began on the descent! In order to increase my handling skills I've been going out east once a week and trying to see how little I can use my brakes going down this rather gnarly mountain. This week was a pretty huge success! I hit 40 mph for the first time (I think ever..?) going down the mountain and it was not nearly as scary as I had imagined (usually I tap the breaks between 33 and 35 mph). This was such a big milestone!! Of course there is always room for improvement because as soon as I started to reach 41 I started to feather the brakes...40 was quite enough excitement for one day!
It's all about the little victories :) I still have so far to go with bike handling, but now I feel like I've crossed into enemy territory and I'm ready for the mission to commence full swing!
A little more playing later on today; another high point in my week right up there with long run day...yoyo! My lovely friend Zara Guinard and I go to yoga together and follow it up with our guilty pleasure...froyo!! I'd that's a solid end to the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment