Friday, March 2, 2012

Roots

Roots.  We all have them.  Whether they are in our food, growing out and showing our true hair color, or reminding us where we came from.  They are truly important to remember, no matter the interpretation you choose (what a crisis if everyone knew what your real hair color was ;) ).


As I enter this weekend, I want to keep one thing in my mind above anything else, my roots (where I came from of course, although remembering to eat them might help as well).  Remembering that I started triathlon only three years ago for the sole reason of keeping in shape and seeking to challenge my body in new ways is what I want dominating my thoughts this weekend.  I am competing in my first draft legal race tomorrow, so this follows the root goal: to give myself new challenges.  Although there are so many other things to think about this weekend besides the fact that this is a new challenge for me, I just want to focus on one thing. I couldn't be more excited to try this new format out this weekend and see where my body can take me!  The most important thing is not to clutter the roots because a crowded tree never grows to its full potential :)

No comments:

Post a Comment