Sunday, June 9, 2013

XTERRA Wetsuits are the BOMB!

Quick run I took at lunch along the cliffs in La Jolla

Just a few days after I touched down in Phoenix, after racing in Dallas, I packed up and left for San Diego.  This time, no racing involved, just smiling... :)

XTERRA Wetsuits had a two day photo shoot, in their hometown of beautiful San Diego.
Their goal was to gather images for use on their website and other media purposes.  We all had the pleasure of working with Tim Tadder, who aside from being a kick ass photographer is a very entertaining person!!  The first day of shooting was on location, meaning at the beach!! This provided all of us that were taking part in the photo shoot the opportunity to actually test the wetsuits in action!  Usually having a wetsuit on for 5-6 hours at a time would be a nightmare, but I honestly forgot I was wearing one--the swim cap got uncomfortable before the suit ever did!

Not only were the suits and photographer awesome, but all of the people involved in making the shoot happen were amazing.  Both Tim's and XTERRA's teams were extremely organized which actually allowed us to get out early from the shoot the second day and allowed me to get back home to Phoenix before midnight :)  Thank you all again for a wonderful experience!
The Group from Day 1! 

Now that you know how awesome these people are...let's focus on the suits...

The first suit I got to test was the Vendetta, which is XTERRA's newest suit; extremely light weight, thin and buoyant. How can it be thin and buoyant? It has air pockets built into the suit so the material is flexible and keeps your body in an ideal position on top of the water.  I was blown away! I'm not usually a fan of wetsuits at all, but this made swimming in a wetsuit very comfortable and the mobility in this suit was unmatched by any I had ever swam in before.  This is the suit I will be racing in from now on (that is until XTERRA decides to come out with an even more genius suit)!

Me, Sarah, Jenny || Day 1
The other two styles of suits I got to test were the Velocity, which is XTERRA's speed suit and the Vortex which is XTERRA's best-selling suit.  I was very impressed with both.  The speed suit fits just like a fast suit meant for swimming only--it has a nice light weight build with hydrophobic properties on the outside of the suit.  The zipper in the back makes for an easy exit out of the suit in T1.  The Vortex was more comfortable than any of the wetsuits I had tried prior to this photo shoot.  It was flexible and buoyant and although it was heavier than the Vendetta, I was still able to wear it for >5 hours without noticing any discomfort!
Wearing the Vector Pro!

Another exciting piece that made an appearance at the photo shoot were the all-new Lava Pants... I  won't give too much away as they are not yet available, but after picking Glynn's (Turquand, co-owner) brain about this new training tool, I am very excited for it to become available!!  Check out xterrawetsuits.com and facebook.com/xterra.wetsuits for updates on the pants' upcoming debut!!

Jenny, Me, Kelly || Day 2
And now you get how awesome these products are...I have an important announcement to make!!

I have teamed up with XTERRA wetsuits for the 2013 season!  As I mentioned above they provide the most flexible wetsuits on the market and they really know how to hire great people, so their customer service is absolutely top notch.  Click their logo to the right and use the code SA-TRUXES to get a huge discount, and take advantage of their 30-day return policy (take it for a spin, see if it fits, if not exchange it for your best fit!) !!  Feel free to contact me with questions about my experience in the suits!

Until next time :)

Location Day 1


@nicoletruxes


No comments:

Post a Comment